Respect for the rights of clients, including the right to Confidentiality, is basic to the philosophy of HOMECARE Management Corporation. All HOMECARE employees are required to respect the rights of clients and follow appropriate procedures to ensure that these rights are protected.
HOMECARE Management Corporation employees are conscious that:
• The client has the right to privacy and confidentiality, except as provided by law.
• The client has the right to be treated with dignity, consideration and respect.
• The client has the right to be protected from being abused or from being treated unfairly, including the right not to be subject to unreasonable searches or seizure of possessions.
• The client has the right to honest, straightforward communications at all times.
• The client (or legal guardian) has the right to accept or refuse services and to say they do not understand. The client also has the right to participate in developing his or her Person-Centered Plan and to make changes as needs and desires change.
• The client has the right to be told when and why our services will end.
• The client has the right to make complaints without fear of negative consequences.
• All clients have the right to a grievance procedure if they feel that their rights have been violated or that they have been treated improperly.
• The client has the right to choose the provider of their services.
This Corporation is eager to hear any complaint that a client or a community member may have about its services. If there are questions or complaints, they are encouraged to call Rankin Whittington, President at 1-800-223-2841 or Margaret Mason, Chief Operations Officer, at 888-301-6934. Complaints may be made to anyone at any level in the Corporation. Any employee receiving a complaint from a client must record the following information:
- Who made the complaint;
- How the complaint was made;
- When the complaint was made;
- Exactly what the complaint was, quoting the client, if possible;
- To whom the complaint was made;
- The response: who, what, how, when.
Complaints are reviewed regularly by management, and these reviews are an important part of the annual program evaluation process.
Client Bill of Rights
- You have the right to be fully informed of all your rights and responsibilities as a client of HOMECARE Management Corporation.
- You have the right to receive a timely response to your request for service.
- You have the right to be informed of agency policies, charges, and costs for services available and to be informed of the process for acceptance and continuance of service and eligibility determination.
- You shall be accepted for services only if the agency has the capability, within financial limitations, to provide safe and professional care at the level of intensity needed.
- You have the right to be fully informed in advance about care and the services available through the agency and of your rights to receive services appropriate to your needs.
- You have the right to be fully informed in advance of all charges for the care or services that you may receive and to give informed consent to amendments to the provision of care or services.
- You have the right to accept or refuse services and to participate in determining the care or services that you will receive and in altering the nature of the care as your needs change.
- You have the right to voice grievances with respect to service that is provided and to expect that there will be no reprisal for any grievances expressed.
- You have the right to expect that personal information you share with the agency will be respected and held in strict confidence, to be shared only with your written consent.
- You have the right to be referred elsewhere in the community for comparable service if you are denied service solely because of your inability to pay for services provided by the company.
- You have the right to expect the preservation of your privacy and respect for your property.
- You have a right to a copy of this Client Bill of Rights.
- You have the right to be informed of this agency’s on-call service.
- You have the right to be informed of how and when a supervisor is available.
- You have the right to be informed of this agency’s procedure for discharge.
For Information, to Question or to Complain Call: 1-800-223-2841
You May Also Call North Carolina’s Careline: 1-800-624-3004
Download a copy of the Client Bill of Rights here.